Sites are the main blogs that you had created which can be sub-categorized under different blog names.
My Site: Asian Cuisines
Blogs under Asian Cuisines: Fried Rice Recipe, Chicken Chop Recipe, Chow Mien Recipe
However, I was really displeased with MySite names which I had created since I am a newbie at Blogjob.
I am sure lots of newbie writers had the same problem with editing or changing the Site name which we had created.
We are too anxious to create a new site that we had not thought carefully an ideal Site Title for our articles.
After I had posted this question at the Forum, I found the answers to my question through WordPress forum instead.
Although Blogjob may not have all the questions and answers that we are seeking for, but I am glad that WordPress provided a very helpful Forum site that answered most WordPress writers problem online.
It is quite easy than I thought.
There are 2 methods to change My Site names, the 1st method was tested out by me while the second method was recommended by gina145
Here are the steps:
Method # 1:
- Go to MYSITE
- Select the site that you want to change ( example: How to Clean Washing machine)
- Go to Dashboard
- Go to At a glance at the lower bottom of the page
- Click to the number of your post(example: 1post)
- Go to Settings and then General which is located on your left hand side bar
- Go to Site Title
- Type in New Site Title (example: Household chores)
- Go to Tagline
- Type in Sub Title Name (example: Tips and Tricks )
- Click Save Changes
- Go to MySITE
- Select the site you want to change
- Go to Customize
- Go to Site Title and Tagline which is located on your left hand side bar
- Under Site Title, type in the new Site Name
- Under Tagline, type in the new Sub Title Name ( Optional)
- Click Save and Publish after you are done.
Now, go back to My Site and you will noticed that your ugly unwanted Site Title is gone, replaced by the new title which you had changed.
originally written by peachpurple
snapshot photos and drawings credits: peachpurple
Please let me know if this article helped you. Thanks