My good friend from Hubpages Thelma Alberts had asked me whether I could write a blog about guiding newbies how to add in Google Adsense Ads into Blogjob.
Using Adsense is one of the ways to monetize your blogs to generate side income for you.
Hence, I had decided to help her out regarding her request.
The following steps are straight forward guidelines how to copy and paste the Google Adsense Ads Code into your Sites.
- Take note that you need to create 2 different Adsense Ads Code in order to put in 2 different ads into your Sites.
- Then, the ads will appear in all your blogs.
- Log into your Adsense account
- Go to My Ads on the top bar
- Go to Ad Units which is located on your left hand side bar
- Go to +New Ad Unit, under Name , type in your site name ( for example : momhotpot~top~336280 ) I used the title of my blog, the ads location and the ads size
- Go to Ad Size, choose the ads size that you prefer
There are a few choices for you to choose from and previews shown
Available: Rectangular, leaderboard, vertical banner, horizontal banner
- Go to Ad Type, choose the type of ads that you prefer ( Available: text & display ads, display ads only or text ads only)
- Go to Text Ad Style, choose the color blends that you prefer from the previews shown
(for example: I chose splash of color)
- Go to Custom Channels, -> Create New Custom Channel, type in the name of your blog or site ( for example: momhotpot)
- Go to Ads Unit, select the ad unit that you had created (for example momhotpot~top~336280) Press the word ADD in blue
- Go to Targeting , check the box that indicate “Show this custom channel to advertisers as a target able ad placements”
- Go to Ads Appear On, type in where you want this ads to appear in ( for example :recipe articles)
- Go to Add Location, choose “Multiple locations”
- Go to Description, type in a brief description what this article is about
(For example: Asian and Western recipes, food cooking)
- Press Save button
- Press Save and get code
- Go to Ad Unit successfully created, under Ad Code, copy the html code (click right hand side of your mouse button once)
- Make sure the Ads code has included the Ad Unit that you had created. See the red circle in the above picture? That is the one!
- Now minimize the Adsense page.
- Go to My Sites, select the Site that you want to insert the Adsense code
( for example i chose momhotpot)
- Go to Dashboard -> Setting -> Advertising
- In the “Before “Ad Code blank box, paste the adsense html code that you had copied just now (click the right button of the mouse, select paste)
- Press Save changes
Now you can see your Adsense Ads that you had selected, with your Code Id and Ad unit name that you had created.
Follow the same steps to create the 2nd adsense code for the “After “Ad Code
You will noticed that the ads that you chose appeared exactly the way you wanted in your site but you cannot choose what type of ads because Adsense will detect the keywords in your blogs.
So, if you want pots ads to appear in your site, use 4-5 pots keywords in your blogs.
Please let me know if this article is help to you.
Your comments are much appreciated.
Hope this helps @thelme55, Cheers!
originally written by peachpurple
Copyright by peachpurple
Snap shots credits by peachpurple