- 250g (8.8ounce)self raising flour
- 125g(4.4 ounce ) butter
- 125g( 4.4 ounce ) brown sugar
- 100g (3.5 ounce )raisins
- 100g chopped prunes
- 3 eggs beaten
- muffin paper cups and muffin tray
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve flour.
- Add in butter. Rub with finger tips into bread crumbs.
- Add in sugar, raisins and prunes. Mix well.
- Beat in eggs and stir until it form a smooth batter.
- Place muffin paper cups into muffin tin but do not grease the cups.
- Scoop in batter 2/3 full into the muffin paper cups.
- Do not fill up to the brim because it will overflow when baking time.
- Bake in oven 180C for 20 minutes.
- Use a skewer to poke into the centre of the cupcake.
- If it comes out clean, it is ready.
- Otherwise, further bake 10 min and leave to cool on rack.
You can store the cupcakes into air tight container.
In addition, you can prepare the batter , divide into individual cups and freeze it.
The next morning, let them thaw and bake in oven. This makes a super quick breakfast for kids and adults.
Copyright allright reserved and photos by peachpurple