Artemis Cake is a lot different from other birthday cakes.
It is a thick chocolate cake that tasted similar to brownies but more of the soft side.
This is my first attempt of making Artemis Cake, rather unusual ingredients I must say.
Lots of dark baking chocolates, 5 eggs ( normal cake requires 2-3 eggs )but it used the least flour
which I did not expect of this awesome cake.
The icing sugar was sieved ontop of the Artemis Cake after it was baked as there isn’t any
decoration nuts ontop.
You could add in chopped walnuts or pecans if you like.
I love this chocolate cake, turned out fabulous, almost similar to brownies.
Care to have some?
Artemis Cake Recipe
# 5 eggs separated
# 225g butter
# 115g icing sugar
# 6 tsp plain flour, sieved
# 1 tsp ground cinnamon
# some icing sugar to decorate
Method of baking:
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Lightly grease the cake tin.
- Break dark chocolate into a bowl ( able to stand heat )and stand bowl over pan of hot water until melted. ( Double-boil chocolate )
- In a mixing bowl, whish egg whites until stiff ( use a handheld beater ).
- In another mixing bowl, beat butter and icing sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Add in melted chocolate and stir it lightly.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon and then add in whisked egg whites.
- Mix well.
- Pour in the cake batter into the cake tin.
- Bake in oven 45 min until well risen and use a cake skewer to poke into the cake.
- If it comes out moist, not too wet, it is ready.
- Leave in tin to cool off before turn it out onto a wire rack.
- Sift icing sugar over the Artemis Cake and serve immediately.
- Yield: 6-8 persons
This jolly chocolate cake makes a welcome cake for kids who has sweet tooth for chocolates.
Do you like chocolate cakes?.
Have you tried a cake with less flour?
What is your favorite cake?
Do share with me your recipes. I would love to learn from yours.
copyright allrights reserved by peachpurple
photos by peachpurple