I am Addicted To Muffins! Coffee Muffins
Do you love muffins?
Oh, I just love those cute little cakes in paper cups.
I call them Little Cakes instead of muffins because they do resemble cakes into small cups, very convenient to bring along for picnic trips, packed lunch box, school and for breakfast.
Have ever tried coffee muffins?
It is a combination of coffee with soymilk and muffin batter, a much healthier version compare to the normal muffin recipes.
Play around with your coffee
- I love coffee.
- My morning would not be the same without the usual freshly brew mug of coffee.
- You can taste your coffee in many other ways besides drinking from the mug.
- Use your creativity ways to use coffee into your cakes, pastries, cookies or even main course meals.
- Your coffee mixture is similar to cocoa, mix 1 tbsp of coffee powder with 2 tbsp of hot water and dilute it.
- It brings aromatic coffee flavor into your muffins and trust me, they are really, really, really GOOD!
- This is my first attempt in using coffee powder in muffin and it turned out really delicious!
Here is the recipe for Addictive Coffee Muffins
Prepare time: 10min
Baking time: 25 min
Yield: 8-12 muffins
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125 butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg
- 100ml low fat soy milk
- 2 tsp coffee powder mix with 2 tbsp hot water
- some coffee beans or choc chips
Method to bake:
- Preheat oven 170
- Sieve flour and baking powder
- Put in sifted flour and butter into a cake mixer.
- Pulse till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- If you use by hand, rub in the butter with the flour until it resembles bread crumbs
- Add in sugar, egg, coffee mixture and soy milk
- Mix well until form soft dough
- Spoon in muffin mixture until 3/4 paper cup full.
- Put one coffee bean onto each muffin.
- Bake for 25 min or until golden brown.
- Use a skewer to test the muffin texture.
- If it comes out clean, it is perfectly baked.
- If it comes out wet, bake for another 10 min
Enjoy the goodness of coffee and soy milk in your muffins.
What flavor of muffin do you like?
Have you tried making any cookies or cakes with coffee?
copyright allrights reserved by peachpurple
photos by peachpurple