Some bakers named this sweet pastry as Cinnamon Rolls or Cinnamon Pinwheels or Cinnamon Puff.
Whatever they called it, I say, this is an extremely delicious, sweet and crisp Cinnamon breakfast meal that I had ever tasted.
Cinnamon Rolls are ideal for breakfast , teatime snack and kids lunch box meal which are filling for the little ones and easy to prepare with the readymade pastry puff.
You can either make a homemade pastry dough which takes a longer time to prepare or buy those readymade pastry puff at the supermarket to shorten your baking time.
I would recommend you to buy the ready made puff if you intend to have a quick breakfast or teatime snack with Cinnamon Rolls.
You can buy pastry puff at Amazon ranging from the price of USD$19.99 to $61.25, depending on the brand and weight per packet.
Here is the recipe for Cinnamon Rolls Recipe which I had made with readymade pastry puff that rolls up like a seashell!
- plain flour for dusting
- 1 packet of pastry puff
- 40g butter
- 50g castor sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp of fresh milk
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- On a lightly floured work top, roll out pastry to a rectangle shape.
- Beat in melted butter, sugar and cinnamon until consistent.
- Spread the cinnamon mixture all over the pastry puff.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugarand raisins.
- Fold lower lengthwise and roll up from the shorter sides.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes until firm.
- Glaze the surface with egg and milk mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown, crisp.
- Serve warm with hot milk or cocoa.
Cinnamon Rolls is a traditional snack for Christmas Day and Thanksgiving dinner although some people would rather purchase them in stores.
Anyway, it is worth to give a try on baking once in a while and enjoy your new found talent embedded in your hands.
Copyright allrights reserved and photos by peachpurple